Eugene Chetty's presentation was titled "Where are all things digital going?" As a weakling for cool gadgets and electronics, I was particularly looking forward to his talk. The speaker had great energy as he spoke about the latest innovative gadgets that are currently in production as well as the value that they would add to us as a nation.
Some of the topics he raised (taken from my Twitter stream):
- Whatever is digital / connected is accessible to anybody.
- We as South African's and African's put ourselves in a box that we can't challenge ourselves with what's happening in America (digital-wise).
- You don't have to be at a computer to be part of a social media network.
- It’s becoming a world of convenience.
- We as South African’s sideline ourselves that we can’t compete on a global scale.
- Technology is getting smaller.
- iPad has changed the way people think.
- The world of mobile leads us to integration and intelligence.
South African's have a problem with transition. This thinking causes the world to think of us as a 3rd world country.