Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Time to pack up and head back to Korea

My holiday was over, and before I knew it I was packing my bag on Saturday night (August 22 2009) to leave the following day.

My brother and I were trying to figure out what we'd done each day that the weeks went by SO quickly. I was very sorry not to have met some of my friends, and I hope they understand that time was simply not enough and for most of the time, the days and times that I was free - they were not.

Sunday morning, August 23 2009 I woke up early to catch my flight to Jozi. I know my mum was sad and she'd been dreading the day ever since I arrived in SA almost a month back.

Arriving at EL airport, even before stepping into the building, the guy who does the shrink-wrapping of the bags greeted us and made idle chit chat with me as I was walking. He asked, "Where are you going to? Durban?" GRRRRRRR

I stopped in my tracks and demanded to know why he said that.

"Is it 'cause I'm INDIAN that I must be going to Durban? For your information, I'm actually KOREAN and I'm going HOME to KOREA."

'Nuff said.

My luggage was overweight so I had to take a few things out and send it home with my parents (which will ultimately be sent over to me in a couple of weeks time)

And then, I heard that my flight was delayed - but not for too long.

I flew SA Express and again, was not impressed with the service of the flight attendants. I was the first to board the aircraft from East London, and I was battling to put my carry-on luggage into the overhead cabin.

"Do you think it'll fit?" I asked the attendant standing near me.
She just stood there looking at me and said, "I don't know."

Anyways, the flight itself wasn't too dreadful - except just very cramped. I read a bit of my book, Eat , Pray, Love.

Arrived in Jozi and made my way to International Departures where I waited for my flight to Hong Kong. I flew South African Airways. Thank goodness for my netbook - I was able to write a bit. (If only I could get online from there) and read as well.

Hong Kong airport is pretty easy to navigate. I flew Asiana from Hong Kong to Korea. After getting my boarding pass and finding my gate, I was able to log on quickly with my netbook and send a few emails and reply some messages and Tweets.

Boarded the flight to Korea and within 3 hours, I was back at Incheon airport.


explorer said...

I enjoy reading you blog, it's interesting. It's good to know one of your interest is traveling. You might visit the Philippines someday and want to see the best places thereat. Just click on this link:

Sheetal said...

@ Hildo: Thank you for your comment :) In fact, I visited Philippines earlier this year. It was wonderful. I was in Manila for a few days. Are you from there? Thanks for visiting :)

Nicki said...

I want to go on vacation with you!

Sheetal said...

@ Nicki ~ Let's go!!! hehe

Sheetal said...

@ Nicki ~ Let's go!!! hehe