I used to write things I was grateful for on a daily basis, but sometimes it's hard to post every single day (not that I can't think of anything, but just that time is against me) so I'll wrap up from the past week and list them all on a Thursday :-)
Today, Thursday, July 29 2010 was my birthday. It was not the birthday I planned and hoped for and it certainly wasn't one of the best I've had. However, I always believe there are things we can find to be grateful for. So, here goes:
I'm thankful for:
- ...having a peaceful sleep last night and waking up refreshed this morning.
- ...having a good teaching day.
- ...Mrs Ham & her husband inviting me out for a farewell dinner on Monday.
- ...Mrs Ham taking care of me when I was ill on Tuesday.
- ...my mum recovering and using every bit of energy to get well.
- ...my dad for being so positive and reassuring.
- ...my brother for being the humour in my life.
- ...my dad calling me at 4am (SA time) to sing Happy Birthday to me :)
- ...the security guard who helped me at the bank this afternoon.
- ...Mrs Bae treating me to lunch this afternoon.
- ...all the birthday messages, emails and texts I received today.
- ...a phonecall from an old & dear friend (from Grade 4 - Anthea)
- ...the concern & friendship of JK (in South Africa) ^_^*
- ...Godmother, Aunty Bonz' unconditional love for me (and my family)
- ...my health
- ...air conditioner