I can't wait! Or can I?....
As the year draws to an end, I am having such mixed feelings - excitement and nervousness topping the list! I have no idea where the wind will take me when I leave this little village they call Grahamstown. But there are some things I will miss and some things I will be glad to say good bye to!
What I'll miss about this place:
- Calling friends and having them come over for coffee or pizza in 5 minutes or less
- The fact that (nearly) every place here is within a (relatively decent) walking distance
- The amazing and extensively-stocked library
- RES NET (imagine - being connected to the WWW 24/7!)
- Debonairs (pizza place)
- The sunrises & sunsets
- The new Journ building (African Media Matrix)
- The donkeys - which can almost always be seen as you enter/leave the town!
- Going to shower in flip flops
- Communal bathrooms
- People calling/shouting on the intercoms for their friends
- Drunk students on Friday/Saturday nights
- Signing male visitors in and making sure they're out by a certain time
- Being unable to blast my music in the morning (back home, my brother is a DJ - so loud music is kind of mandatory in my house at any time of the day...yay for my cool parents!)
- Eating cereal for supper
- Having to close my curtains everytime I want to change (boys res across the street and my window faces the road)
- Walking up the hill in the heat