- Get over "the battle of the bed" / "mind over mattress"
- He who sweats more in training, bleeds less at war
- Waking up early allows you to train, practice & prepare
- Prepare your heart, your character and your spirit
- 5-8am is "prime time" when you have the most willpower, mental focus, energy
- Take full advantage of these 3 golden hours
- Waking up early while the rest of the world sleeps is already a psychological win.
- You'll feel less like a victim and more like a leader!
- Change is hard at the beginning, messy in the middle, but gorgeous in the end!
- Use the 20/20/20 Rule for your Morning Ritual
20 mins for exercise
20 mins for reviewing your plan / daily schedule / goals > gives you focus
20 mins for learning
- Education is inoculation against disruption
- The world belongs to learners
- As you know more, you achieve more
- Watch inspirational / training videos
- When you write things down, you deepen your commitment (re: a schedule)
- Writing creates precision of thought
- The things that schedule lead to thing that get done
- To wake up early, get a deeper nights sleep
- Re: sleep, quality is more important that quantity (no. of hours)
- Remember not to use a computer in bed before you go to sleep
- Put your alarm clock away from the bed / other side of the room / a different room
- Jump out of bed as soon as you get up!
Saturday, December 28, 2013
Waking up early (Sharma)
I've just watched another excellent video by my favourite, Robin Sharma on "How to Wake Up Early" and where he makes a lot of mention of the "5am Club". Here are some points I took from the session:
I'm used to being ridiculed for my early morning rituals. I actually wake up between 04:00 and 04:15, which gives me enough time to get to the gym. I gym till about 05:30 and then make a point to spend about an hour or so reading and journaling (usually in my Gratitude Journal). By 06:00, I'm in the shower and ready to leave home by 07:00.
Early morning has always been my best time of the day. I feel like I can take on the world. That's why when I bounce into work with energy, I get quite a few side glances! Doesn't phase me much. Because when most people are still waking up, I've already done quite a bit in my day. Cheers to the 5am Club...or in my case, the 4am Club ;)
Today I watched Ra.One on the big screen - not usually my kinda thing (Sci-fi / Action) but I really enjoyed this!
D ancing is one of the major components in Bollywood films. Whether it is the awkward movements of Sunny Deol or the fluidity of Hritik Ro...
Bollywood siblings sharing limelight It's a fact that Bollywood is the largest film industry in the world. But on the same note, it ...