Hopefully, we can refer this page to an MD who can verify if these work or not! If you have any you'd like to add (and verify) why not e-mail me and I'll add it to this list!
Some I know / have heard of...
- Young girls / ladies shouldn't sit on cold surfaces (not good for reproductive system?!)
- If on your period, eat an egg with a runny yolk.
- To induce a late period, drink Dutch Medicine / drink warm red wine / soak in a warm bath.
- For indigestion or stomach cramps, rub Asafoetida powder (Hing) into the navel.
- Going out at night with wet hair is an invitation for a cold.
- Reading in dim light or a moving vehicle (car) ruins your eyesight.
- If you shave, your hair will grow back thicker, coarser and darker.
Some I heard about when I lived in South Korea
- Eating dog meat increases male stamina.
- Watching porn makes your hair grow faster
- Eating burnt food will give you cancer.
- Tying up wet hair is an invitation to lice.
- Women who eat a lot of bo-ri-bap (Rice boiled together with a lesser amount of barley) will have a girl as their firstborn child.
- Fan Death - Exposure to electric fans or aircons for too long causes the body to lose water and cause hypothermia. If in direct contact with a fan, this could lead to death due to a decrease of oxygen concentration.