I slept way after 2am this morning because I couldn't put this book down. Reading is time-consuming, and if I didn't have other chores to finish, I'd have completed the book today. Anyway, I have three chapters to go.
So what did I "learn" today?
Men are not as complex as we (women) make them out to be. Their needs are simple. (p 40)
Need 1: Our Support
Men need to feel appreciated.
We've got to feel like we're king, even if we don't act kingly. Trust me, the more you make us feel like we're special, the more we'll give in return.
Need 2: Our Loyalty (p 42)
Men need to know that we're devoted to them.
We want you to show your love to us by being loyal. That means that no matter what, you're going to stand beside us.
Need 3: The Cookie (p 43)
Translation: Men. Need. Sex.
We don't care about anything else; we need the cookie. We need to be physically engaged with the woman we love, the woman who is loyal to us and support us, and the way that we do that is by making love.
A Sports Fish...
2. How do you expect to be pursued? (calls, texts, dates? Must he always pick up the tab?)
3. What level of commitment do you expect? (open relationship or exclusivity?)
4. What kind of financial security do you expect him to have? (rich?)
5. Do you want a man who wants kids and is family orientated?
6. Does he have to be religious/spiritual?
7. Do you mind if he's a divorce or has kids?
8. Can you help a man build his dreams? Can you adapt to his plans?
9. What do you expect of his family? (should you get along with his mother?)
10. What should he be willing to do to woo you? (pursue you? give you expensive gifts?)
2. What are your long-term goals?