Dr Kumi Naidoo is the CEO of Greenpeace International and gave his presentation via a web cast from Amsterdam. He spoke on global climatic issues.
Some points that were raised in his talk (taken from my Twitter stream):
- If we think globally and act locally, we will be removing ourselves from where power resides.
- According to Kofi Anan > Last year 300,000 people lost their lives from climatic impacts.
- For Africa, there is some opportunity. Africa has the largest potential in solar/wave energy etc. We haven't begun to tap even 5% of the possibilities we have.
- The challenge now, is not that we have time for a full marathon. We have to learn to move fast and quickly. Time is running out.
- If we don't rise to the challenge and don't step forward, history will judge us harshly.