- As much as I want to escape from children on my days off from work, it's virtually impossible - unless you're out very early in the morning or very late at night. Kids are everywhere. I mean, everywhere!
- Sometimes I want to be invisible and have no one look at me or know who I am. This is a tough one when I'm the only foreigner in a particular setting and stick out like a sore thumb.
- Timezones are non-existent amongst loved ones.
- People (friends) will disappoint and let you down. If it continues, weed them out.
- Hugging is one of the most intimate things two (or more) fully-clothed people can take part in!
- A simple thing like breathing fresh air does wonders for the mind, body and soul.
- Reading is a form of escapism.
- Watching movies from the 1950's reminds us that old-fashion romance is actually not 'old-fashion' and is rather quite charming!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
It's Sunday evening, and as I wrap up this week and begin a new one tomorrow, I'm thinking of things I've learned over the past few days. Rather, things I was reminded of. Some of them include: